Sentry Juno Secure Library Room Booking System was designed as an add-on module to the latest version of the market leading Sentry Access Control System and is now available as a stand alone system.
It is primarily intended to handle the booking of (and controlled access to) such areas as group study and resource rooms in Universities and Colleges.
Library Room Booking System Features :
• Web enabled advance booking at users’ convenience
• Instant room booking at the door
• Provides extra security
• Maximises room usage
• Connects to the Library Management System
• Avoids staff involvement with management of keys
• Comprehensive user reports
• Monitors failure to take up room bookings
Click picture to enlarge image
This keyless group study room booking system is fully configurable by the Library, with control to define the rules such as limiting the length of any booking, limiting the times rooms are available (which could be 24/7) or disqualifying users due to failure to take up previous bookings.
Room Booking Methods
There are two methods available for users to make room bookings. For online bookings, a user logs into or visits a Room Booking webpage, selects the time they wish to book and requests an availability search. The Sentry Juno Secure Group Study Room Booking System will return a result and if a room is available, will ask the user to confirm by entering their borrower barcode number.
A user who has not made an online booking can book a room instantly dependent on availability, using the RB2 wallbox. The display on each RB2 wallbox will present a scrolling message which will either say “Room Available until HHMM” or “Room Booked from HHMM”.
Sentry Juno Secure Library Room Booking will integrate directly with Sentry, Telepen’s Access Control System, adding extra tables to the existing Sentry MySQL database. These will hold a record for each room available with timeslots of thirty minutes. Sentry will then generate additional room booking reports to show room usage and actual take up of bookings by users, eg:
- How many users fail to take advantage of their room booking
- The general level of room bookings made and analysis of popular times of the day, days of the week
The Sentry Juno Secure Group Study Room Booking System is capable of sending various configurable automated warnings and reminders designed to maximise room usage such as:
- Email warnings sent to users who do not take advantage of their room booking
- Email reminders sent the day before the room booking due date
- Optional text reminders