The FE Technologies 24/7 Check In Chute is designed to be an asset to your library. Behind its clean and simple facade and ease of use is a round-the-clock, fully-automated, integrated item check-in that provides item saftey, patron convenience, and a receipt. Simply open the chute, drop the books to be returned, and get the receipt. It’s that easy.
The FE Technologies 24/7 Check-in Chute with Receipt gives patrons the ability to return library items at any time of the day or night. Designed to be vandal-resistant and highly durable, the chute requires a library RFID item to be scanned for operation
• Multiple items can be returned at a time, speeding up the returns process and putting an end to
• Automatic itemised receipts mean patrons have proof of their returns, reducing customer service
• Patrons will have their items checked back in instantly and the security on the items will be
switched back to “on”.
• Coloured indicator LEDs guide the patron through the returns process and staff access via an
administration card makes receipt roll changing quick and easy.
The following exclusion zones apply to the Return Shelf:
• Exclusion zone 1 (300mm to the front and sides): in this zone there should be nothing obstructing
patrons or staff from access to any part of the front of the Return Shelf; there also should be no
items containing an RFID tag placed within this proximity that are not intended to be placed on the
Return Shelf and read by the system.
• Exclusion zone 2 (500mm to the front and sides): in this zone there should be nothing obstructing
patrons or staff from access to any part of the front of the Return Shelf.
• Exclusion zone 3 (2.5 – 3 m): in this zone there should be no high power RFID equipment that
reads RFID tags, such as RFID Security Gates or a Smart Bin, or other large electronic equipment,
such as inters, fax machines and CRT monitors.